She also foreshadows Dora and Marten's split.
After Dora explained that she would uproot her business to move with her, Tai proposed to Dora. Marten left not long after to be with Claire, who was stressing out over her librarian test, and wasn't sure whether or not Dora said yes. It was confirmed she did say yes, and now Tai and Dora are engaged.
Tai is outgoing and a good-natured boss. She is sexually active but before dating Dora began questioning her lifestyle. While generally at ease in social situations (particularly when compared with Hannelore or Marigold), she freezes up when around someone she really likes.
Sex and drugs and rock&rollEdit
Tai is exclusively lesbian. Tai identifies as female, but she was earlier passing as a boy and she used to bind her chest. She has previously expressed a sexual interest in Hannelore, though it's unclear how serious she was.
At work, Tai has used marijuana and LSD, which makes her "see dragons". She has tranquilizers at home. She also drinks alcohol socially, and attributes her low tolerance to her small frame.
Tai has shown some interest in dubstep and is mainly into "weird European electronic stuff". She appears to have a poster of the French electronic music artist Vitalic in her dorm room, and a T-shirt of the German techno record label BPitch Control. At one point she played Gabriel Ananda's Stream of Consciousness through the library PA system. She is a huge fan of German electronic musician Ellen Allien.
Tai is into acting out scenes from Harry Potter books in public in costume. She is fond of Adventure Time and loves to dance.
- There is of Tai from newspost of .
- Tai is one of the few characters whose last name was not known until . Her last name is a play on the scientist who developed the theory of "Peak Oil" back in the 1950's.
- Tai has a latex allergy.
- "Oh come on, it's bad enough knowing my liberal arts degree is gonna be useless. Don't crush ALL my hopes."
- "Omigod Jimbo is SO amazing. He's like..he's like a modern-day Hemingway! Or Faulkner! Except his books are terrible."
- "It was a rhetorical penis!"
- "A life of recreational drug use, casual sex, and occasional studying gets boring after a while, you know."
- "Want me to take off my pants and see if it does anything for you, just in case?"
- "Seriously. Forget girls, I'm an audiosexual now."
- "I started some slashfic that explores each possibility. Got a laptop handy?"
- "HELL yes. My pussy RULES"