According to Hannelore, he spends most of his time on his own space station, where Hannelore grew up.
Like his daughter, he appears to have mental health problems.
Doctor Ellicott is notable for several major technological advances:
- Developed the first "true" AI (the foundation of his fortune)
- Developed the quasiperpetual myomer
- Pioneered sustainable AI-controlled orbital habitats
- Designed microsatellites that keep the Earth's albedo stable
- Invented the Robot Hamster
- Created swarms of cancer-fighting nano-machines
Dr. Ellicott made his first actual appearance in the strip looking for his MP3 Player after Marten, Hannelore and Marigold met him.
- John Ellicott-Chatham is not sure about his hyphenated last name after the divorce. Word of God is that "He hasn’t dropped the hyphenated name. For reasons that may someday be explained, or not."